I found these suckers floating around on Pinterest. The caption stated that they were ideal toddler food. I don’t know about you, but I would never feed this crap to my toddler.
But a bunch of drunk people? You betcha. They were a huge hit!
- 1 can Biscuit Dough, 8 Ounce Can
- 4 whole Hot Dogs
- 1 can Hot Dog Chili Sauce, 10 Ounce Can
- ½ cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Roll out each piece of biscuit dough so that it’s about 5″ round.
3. Grease 8 holes of a muffin tin.
4. Put biscuit dough inside eight individual cups, leaving some excess dough hanging over the edge of the cup.
5. Slice each hot dog in half, then into slices, place in cups.
6. Fill each cup with hot dog chili sauce until hot dogs are covered (usually a good dollup will do!).
7. Top with cheddar cheese, a good handful or more to taste!
8. Pinch excess dough around the top of the ugly so that it is closed around the top, if there isn’t enough to cover it all it is OK!
9. Repeat for remaining uglies.
10. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until uglies are golden brown.
11. Let cool for 2 minutes and enjoy!
Bonus points, they reheated really well. You could totally make them a day ahead and toss them in the oven to reheat.
Original source: http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/main-courses/hot-dog-uglies/